• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IT7 cold boot issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

greenriz

Has there been a definitive fix for this yet?

I recently built a new systems spec:-

Abit IT7
P4 2.26
Corsair PC2700 DDR 256mb x 2
GF4 4600
Sonic Fury

I've been getting the A7 error code upon cold boots. I'm running the original bios at the moment, has there ben a fix for this in newer bios's?

Or shold i be trying something else?

Thanks for any help

hey, im looing into getting at an IT7 but i havent heard of this problem before. and i dont think there would be any harm in getting a newer bios. and if it works GREAT! well..keep me post ed, cus id like to know how you solve it. sorry for not being more help tho...

Raven

It sounds crazy yes I know, but change your Bios jumper to a different one, It worked for 2 sytems I have built and a few others on this board. Try it.

greenriz said:
Has there been a definitive fix for this yet?

I recently built a new systems spec:-

Abit IT7
P4 2.26
Corsair PC2700 DDR 256mb x 2
GF4 4600
Sonic Fury

I've been getting the A7 error code upon cold boots. I'm running the original bios at the moment, has there ben a fix for this in newer bios's?

Or shold i be trying something else?

Thanks for any help

i also got the same problems...........have u fix yours?
i read form the previous threa...........it says could the PSU

Just get the latest bios. I had that problem and i tried everything to fix it even a different PSU, to jumpers, and even switchin hardware around. Put the new BIOS in and bam it works.
At least get the AV bios the one previous to that worked for me but its a newer one and probley works better.

Same deal with me, 2.53 P4 and 430W Antec Trupower, I have to hit the restart button like 3-5 times to stop the solid beep, it doesn't like cold booting, but I persist :)

Rib Feast said:
Same deal with me, 2.53 P4 and 430W Antec Trupower, I have to hit the restart button like 3-5 times to stop the solid beep, it doesn't like cold booting, but I persist :)

i only got the solid beep during a cold boot with oc cpu

Back