• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte GA8iEXP won't overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DAveQQ

Having trouble o/c ing this beast (GA8iEXP), tips from owners would be welcome or anyone else for that matter! 1.8A northwood, 1Gb (2x512Mb) Crucial PC2100 RAM, Leadtek GF4Ti4200 (128Mb). Basically cant get the beast upto 133 fsb (seems to stop at about 110MHz) for some unknown reason, not temp as this thing is v cool at stock typ 32°C under normal load and 40°C under heavy load, the manual says I can set the AGP/PCI dividers but the BIOS will only let me lock the speeds (66 and 33) respectively however SiSoft Sandra reports a PCI of 38MHz this aint right and I know is the hub of the prob but how can I fix it? Is the board faulty it was bought very early only a couple of weeks after release. PS am running the latest BIOS version F8 and I know about the hidden advanced settings with CTRL-F1.

i have the ga8iexp and my fsb is at 155
try it with only one stick of ram
also in the bios check to make sure that top performance settings are disabled, there are a couple of other things i beleive its cpu host clock controll (on), ill have to check when i get home.

Back