• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

modded it7_av bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

phantom punisher

now five files total

for it7 max only
notes:
-not for use with it7 max2(the ps/2 soporting version of the it7)
-increased options for ddr voltage.
-increased pci dividers
-overclockers.com screen mesage
-overclockers epa logo
-changed boot screen font color
-increased agp options

changed defaults:
-agp apature is at 128 instead of 64
-enhanced dram is enabled
-third boot divice is cdrom
-ddr voltage is 2.6 instead of 2.5
-ps/2 mouse sopport is disabled

tools used:
cbrom
tmod http://forums.biosmods.com/showthread.php?threadid=870
thanks to oTTo for hosting my file!

all files now hosted here: http://www.phantompunisher.netfirms.com
p.s. its ghetoooo fabulous!

Last edited:
its just the abit bios with more options turned on like the old mr natural bioes. you can always make you own just how you want it with the tools mentioned above. its easy, the programs are wonderfull and with some googling you can find "how to articals"

For some odd reason this bios doesn't like my Adaptec 29160 scsi card. After the bios checks for scsi devices it just stops, although ctl-alt-del reboots fine. In order to boot a floppy and go back to the unmodded it7_av bios I had to remove my scsi card. Would it be possible to get a modded bios with just the vmem mod and perhaps the additional dividers?

hmm this is odd. i didnt mess with anything that should have affected that for you. it has even the stock htp raid bios becasue i didnt want to screw up anyones config. the only drive related changes i made where changing the default third boot option to cdrom instead of hdd-1. esentialy if you put my changed defaults back to there normal position and select normal ddr volts than you would have a stock abit bios (like a mrnatural bios). did you remeber to set your pci to 33mhz? thats all i can think of. if things still dont work for you id be happy to make you a bios with less changes. perhaps just the addition ddr voltages and overclockers logo?

I can't imagine what could have caused the problem, it really doesn't make any sense. If you did a bios with just the basic memory voltage change I'd give it another try.

bmg said:
I can't imagine what could have caused the problem, it really doesn't make any sense. If you did a bios with just the basic memory voltage change I'd give it another try.
sure no problem. im downloading mandrake right now so i cant do it right now. im on xp so id have to boot to dos to do the changes. do you have win98? if so i can tell you how to do it easyily for your self. the mod program dosnt save the bios properly in xp or 2k(i think) but you can always play with it to see whats avalible.

All my systems are running WinXP Pro now. I'd read somewhere that there was some problem with saving when running WinXP.

yea you will need to run it from pure dos. the program i have a link to at the top is a little bugy but it makes a boot floppy and has all the tools youll need. if your uncomfortable with dos id recomend putting the program modbin.exe (arman86 has a link in the "other software" section) and a stock it7_av.bin in the c: drive
then boot to the c drive msdos prompt and type "modbin.exe it7_av.bin" practice in windows first. you can run it in a comand window but you just cant save the bios

or my mandrake download can fail for the third time and i can do it now for you:)
edit: or i can find a very fast place to download from and not do your bios. sorry i really miss having linux

I've been playing with modbin6 and it's interesting what it gives you access to. All my partitions are ntfs, so I don't think I can save correctly. Am I correct in assuming that I could boot to dos using a win98 or winme floppy and then execute modbin6 from a FAT32 partition and also save to that partition?

I'm not sure I've got the guts to do this myself unless I get a spare bios rom.

i like the tool i have linked at the top it makes a win me ramdisk and thats where you run the modbin from and save the bios. works great but there a fair about of command line stuff to copy the bios from a floppy to the ramdisk and from the ramdisk to the floppy.
as long as you make small changes that you understand than theres nothing to worry about. try changing the welcome message for a test. i messed up once but that was because i was trying to get all fancy with a full screen logo. i flashed a 16 bit image to the bios instead of a 16 color. opps i guess it taught me to slow down and read lol

bmg said:
The link doesn't work for me.
yup looks like the whole site is out. good luck is abundant tonight. yes of course im trying to download mandrake for the 5th time and yes i picked the wrong place to save the .iso too so it quit after finishing with no room to put the file. grrrrr

The site's still down. I reformated a partition to Fat32 and booted using a Win98se floppy, but still can't save the modded bios. Guess I'll have to reinstall Win98se and try it that way. All I really care about is enabling the higher ddr voltages.

Back