• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT TH7II-RAID question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AtomG

Registered
I dont want to set up a raid system.. But I would like to use the raid ide slots like the other ide slots and just add two other drives to my computer.. can I do this?

I have 1 CD Rom hooked up, and 3 hard drives this takes up all my Main IDE slots.. So how can I get more? This is why I ask about the other slots..

Just remember I once read in the manual that you should not run any CD ROMS, burners etc. on the RAID controllers although I have done it to see what happens and I had no issues.

With the newer BIOSes running ATAPI drives (read CD ROM, CD RW) from the RAID controller is no longer supported.

It is true that you can just plug your harddrives in the Highpoint slots. They will be recognized as just ordinary drives. To make a RAID array out of them, you'd have to go into tha RAID BIOS by pressing CTRL H and selecting the appropriate drives, and kind of RAID. So there is no way of doing it by "accident". :cool:

Back