• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

windows xp and overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shotman

Registered
i have a th7-ii raid with a 2.2 northwood and i'm getting some problem o/c it.it can be stable at 2750 for a week and suddenly it just reboots and can't get into windows(appears a blue screen)and even at low o/c it happens.
My question is, is there something that has to be done with winxp in order to overclock better ?i don't understand those reboots![email protected] temp. 51c

I have started having the same problem.

I used to have a P4 2.0a overclocked to 2.6GHz and it was fine.

I recently upgraded to a 2.53B which I have overclocked to >2.8GHz. Now, it is 100% stable with memtest86 for more than 24 hours straight, and Prime95 for more than 3 days straight, but I get spontaneous reboots with Windows XP SP1 without doing anything special :confused:

I remember reading somewhere than Windows XP had some problems when running on a fast processor (eg: >2.8GHz). I find it hard to believe though.

Has anybody else experienced the same thing?

shotman, you might want to reconsider that 1.8V of yours, as it will damage your CPU. Not sure if that is the problem here, but anything over 1,7 for P4s is troubles waiting to happen

but when you guys talk about 1.7 v is that in the bios or real voltage?
i've got it at 1.80 in the bios an the reaches less than 1.7 reading from hardware doctor...
for a person with a p4 2.2 on a th7-ii raid and samsung pc800 what are the limits ???
please give me good news ...:(

Back