• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good P4 AGP 8x DDR Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clarpet

Subject line says it all. I'm looking for a good P4 board supporting AGP 8x and preferably ATA 133, if not that's ok, but MUST also support DDR. Any suggestions welcome, preferably Abit or Asus. Spill your guts por favor. Grassyass

I'd say none at the moment, 8x isn't really needed at the moment, if you must have it wait til better boards and dual channel DDR come out.

Ok...

Let's say I can live without the AGP 8x (I know its not even taken advantage of really yet, just inquiring)....I was thinking about getting an Abit BD7II....good board?

Yes it's a great DDR board but I don't know if it comes standard with ATA133. It's on par with what you have now, the board your using at the moment is a great DDR board also, there's no point in switching to a BD7-II unless of course your building another machine.

actually...

I haven't built that system yet...that was my system in the making, but I just got a great deal on a 2 week old, barely used BD7II w/RAID for $65. I don't really have the system below yet, but it's very close to what I WILL have. The BD7 I'm getting is DECKED OUT...fully loaded like a Beemer baby!!

as a person with AGP 8 and a radeon 9700, I can tell you, AGP does nothing so far.
I haven't seen one ounce of improvement in my current games.
there was no difference in my 3dmark2001 scores...
nothing.
I think it's psychological at the moment, like a big sugar pill.
everyone wants it, but it does nothing yet...

Thanks

Thanks everyone...I just got a killer deal on a Abit BD7II w/RAID for $65.....couple weeks old and still under warranty...can't beat that!!

And BTW, I'm staying the HELL way from AGP 8x for now...bad stories...like the one above. Lata!

Back