• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best cpu for o/c

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shotman

Registered
could someone experienced tell me what's the best 133 fsb p4 for overclocking with a th7-ii raid(i have rdram samsung 1 gb pc800)

Rule of thumb is, go for the CPU with the lowest multiplier. For the P4a this was the 1.6, with a multi of 16. For the P4B it is the 2.26 with a multi of 17.

I knew that worked with the A cpus, but I wasn't sure about the B cpus

Thanks

steve

is it a bad choice to go for a 2.4b?it has a 18x multiplier......:rolleyes:

Jirnsum it was, insomnia set in, With a test in Calculus today, no fun.

steve

Will the 2.4b run over 3GHz on a IT7 MAX? I just bought this setup tonight and I can cancel it and get the 2.26 if I get a quick reply. I want to run the highest speed possible on this board with air cooling, will this chip hold me back?

Kerry

In the overclockers database average overclock for the 2.4b is 2940, for the 2.26b it is 2900 average with 3289 top. This doesn't tell us everything, as not everyone with a 2.4b will have submitted their results, and the very low overclocks on a 2.26b won't have been submitted either.

Remember, in the end it is the luck of the draw :cool:

Back