• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

High FSB's on 2gig northie ??????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

b3nny

Hi Guys ---------- HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how do i get the fsb's to go higher than 131 on this mobo,,,,,,

mobo is bd7-II ,,,
CPU is @ 2629
ram is OCZ 3200 at 175 ish with 3/4 ratio
pci is locked to 33

when i try to go to 132 or 133 -------nothing , not even try to post , i get the exact same when i run the ratio at 1/1

I know people have been getting 140 / 145 fsb with this chip but i cant seem to figure out how .

all help welcomed
TIA

blah blah blah
--------------------------------

Last edited:
Are you running the latest BIOS?

If so, it might just be that your CPU just won't do more. True, there are people running these chips at higher FSBs, but they are probably just very lucky people, with very good chips. But they do stand out....Overall, the 2.0As are not very good overclockers, because of their high multiplier....

Also, you didn't tell us what your voltage was. It might be that you just need to up the CPU voltage a bit.

One last thing, the fact that your system won't post at 132 almost certainly implies that your system is not stable at 131. Did you test that? First get your system absolutely stable at any given FSB, before going any higher.

You're lucky, my 2.0 won't go past 123FSB no matter what board it's on, and i've tried all three of mine.

steve

b3nny, try putting the PCI ratio to Ext Clock/4 instead of 33MHz (fixed) when your doing 133MHz FSB. Try it and see whether it works.

[

Processor #1 : Intel Pentium 4 / D0320EDE Name String : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz

Internal Clock : 2669.91 MHz
System Bus : 533.98 MHz QDR
System Clock : 133.50 MHz
Multiplier : 20.0
Memory Size : 512M Byte
Memory Clock : 178.00 MHz
OS Version : Windows 2000 Version 5.00.2195 Service Pack 3
-------------- : -----------------------------------
http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4651121
------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the info guys ,,, i just needed more voltage
i will go alot higher but things start to get hot ,,, and only runnin the stock cooling :(

vcore now @1.73
idle 46
load 56 ish
---------------------------------------------------------

cheers :)

Back