• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone running a Gigabyte 8SG667??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goatzool

Anandtech had a recent review of this mobo and seemed to praise its virtues.
It has the SiS 648 chipset, which supports some DDR400 but not Corsair. It has the AGP/PCI frequency lock. It handles PIV at 400 or 533. And it's about $100 if you can find it. Directron has been sold out for a while.

I'd like to know if anyone is running a 2.26 or 2.53 on this board, and if so, how it handles it, esp. with DDR400 (specifically Mushkin PC3200). If you are running stable, let me know your FSB and settings, please.

goatzool

Hi goatzool I have a GA-8IEXP intel 845E chipset. motherboard. this board is a good board but can not run pc3200 memory. i have a ATI9700 card. andd a intel 2.8. runing at 3.3.....i like to use my pc3200 memory.but no good i useing a pc3000 memory. you like this GA-8SG667 board. can you use ddr 3500 memory. ok let me know if you love this board... ok Timbo

:)

I'm running a P4 2.5 400 C1 stepping.

Stable at 3.02 Ghz and memory set at 362. (fsb 122)

Will not run my Corsair XMS 3500 at 400DDR. I understand a future bios will take care of the memory issue.

Don't care though. I'll be getting a Dual Channel DDR board when they are released.

Gigabyte 8sG667

I've had this Board and a stick of Mushkin PC3200 sitting around for a month, waiting for Directron to send me the correct power supply for my new rig. I'm starting to think that by the time I get it running, it will already be obsolete. For example, all of the major manufacturers have come out with SiS648 chipset mobos since I ordered this one. But I had heard already that there was a problem with the chipset and Corsair memory.

I plan to hit 3.3 or better with a 2.5 on water and the PCI bus locked with this Board. Some day.

HellWalker said:
I'm running a P4 2.5 400 C1 stepping.

Stable at 3.02 Ghz and memory set at 362. (fsb 122)

Will not run my Corsair XMS 3500 at 400DDR. I understand a future bios will take care of the memory issue.

Don't care though. I'll be getting a Dual Channel DDR board when they are released.

Strange I have a 512Mb Cosair XMS 3500 on the GA-8SG667 and it runs fine....... I have even benched it at 424DDR. no problems???

As we speak I have running at 410DDR.......

lookin forward to changing it for the rev2 cause I need voltage ajustments to et the speed higher....

best so far is only 153fbs.........

Simon.

Up and Running

OK, I finally have this rig up and running.
I have a stick of Mushkin DDR400 because I heard about problems with Corsair.

The Board itself is disappointing in not having any voltage adjustments, no reliable temp monitoring, no way to alter memory timing, etc. I am currently Prime95 stable with a P4 2.26 at 2.7 (160 fsb). I did find quickly that the memory will not go much beyond 410, so I keep changing the divider to keep it ansync and below 410.

I bought the board for the PCI/AGP lock, and that part of it works fine. It looks to me like the default Vcore, which cannot be changed via BIOS, is 1.7. Without watercooling, that could be a problem.

Anyway, if I had it to do all over, I think I'd go for more adjustabillity. When I bought this Board, it was one fo the few SiS648 chipsets available. Now there are lots.

You can alter the mem timmings by pressing "Ctrl+F1" when you first enter the bios screen.

This will open up advanced settings.

Simon.

Thanks, Simon

This indeed brought up memory timing options. My first effort locked the system up so I need to clear the CMOS. Doesn;t appear to be any way to do that except by pulling the battery.

I'll leave the memory on auto.

Do you have any idea what the "top performance" option in the BIOS actually does?

Goat

Back