• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit It7 Max2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kaneda

im new to intel (i dont know jack ****)

so i have a couple questions.

anyone experience any Stability problems with this motherboard?
what the heck is that thing around the chip socket!? :O
and what kind of overclocking capabilities does this mobo have?

and one last question

Do you think this motherboard is a good buy for a intel n00bie wanting to 'join' the '3 Gigahertz Club' lol :D

thanks,
Drew

These week I went from AMD to this INTEL system and I am very happy with it...

Easy to use and I have not hade on mysterious crash, only from overclocking a little bit to hard =)

Will recomend it to you, and get a 133 processor sp you get the high bandwith...

Greffel said:
These week I went from AMD to this INTEL system and I am very happy with it...

Easy to use and I have not hade on mysterious crash, only from overclocking a little bit to hard =)

Will recomend it to you, and get a 133 processor sp you get the high bandwith...

Greffel,

What is the standard MAX CPU voltage with this board? I am having trouble getting away from Rdram and have been looking VERY HARD AT THE it7-mAX2 BOARD WITH ddr 3200/3500 ddr.

i have it along with a 1.8a and xms3200 and it is rock solid oc'ed at 2.7 (ram at 400) i love all the features of this board.....my only problem is sometimes when i want to get into my bios....i cant.....when i press the DEL key sometimes i get a black screen with a thick blue line at the bottom....any one else have this problem.

@chop

The standard CPU V_core is 1.7 and V_Dimm 2.8

Dimm is easy to enable 3.2 now when I know how, just a hidden future.

Sitting right now and burning in my Corair PC3200C2 stick 2.6Volt 210 Mhz ... Aiming for 3500 Sandra mem bench

I hade 2 sticks of Xtreme PC3500+ they did 190Mhz together on this board. Will not rekomend the C4 chips.

Well, I just ordered the IT7 Max 2, Corsair DDR 3500 (silver spreader), and a P4 2.8. Cooling will be with a Swiftech MCX4000. Should arriving sometime next week. Any suggestions on setting the Ram timings. As you can see I have an older Asus board and haven't had much training with ddr voltage and timings. Lets see what this bad boy does!

I am new to Intel and did this the other day....with a 2.53 from newegg, the board is from newegg too(IT7-max2).
:)

Whats Rdram? LOL.

wincpuid3012.jpg

MemVersion.jpg

CPUVersion.jpg

Last edited:
rdram is dram designed to operate with FSB speed of 800mhz with a burst transfer rate of 1.6Ghz

rdram is dram designed to operate with FSB speed of 800mhz with a burst transfer rate of 1.6Ghz

Racerx27 was just using a bit of sarcasm... heh, heh

/me smacks self in forehead, runs in circles, then explodes.

Back