• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My IT7 took a big CRaPOLA....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Spyder

Ok- i put a mcx 4000 on my P4 on my IT7~ i get NOTHING now~ i get an error code A7- there is no code A7 in the manual!!1 WTF? tried new ram/ stock HS/ diff video~anyone have anyideas?? Im sitting here on my Watercooler chillin~ waiting for an answer....

Spyder~

Exactly same as you! But my code is Ed... My Koolance works perfectly and it's laughing at me now :( My 2.53GHz is sleeping and my 2x512 meg are impatiently waiting there. I tried the 2 mem sticks separately in all os the 3 slots of the it7 and always one long beep and "Ed" code. :mad:

"a7" is exaption seven witch dosnt relat to anything specific as far asi know. did you clear the cmos? what bios are you using? i think this was a common display during cold boot issues of the old bios

I am using the original bios~ how do i fix this? I mean i cant even flash it~ and i was having cold boot issues and were going to flash to the new one~
Im tearing it down today~ see if anything is shorting~
Spyder~

im assuming you killed the power unpluged it, let it sit for 20 sec, switched the cmos jumper and hit the power button a few times to reset it right? i only say that because the letting it sit for 20ish seconds is weird but you need to do it. ive also heard letting it sit for a while unpluged has help stangitys with this board after a cmos reset

Last edited:
It is a great heatsink... love mine. But if you have the YS Tech Magnetic Fan GET IT OFF THERE! and put a high flow 80mm one on. It can cause serious problems.

Also on the IT7 look carefully at the two fan headers on the board that butt up against the heatsink, they can cause problems because they are so close. I had to grind a little bit of the heatsink off to get clearance with a Dremmel tool. The tabs on the two fan headers can actually stop the heatsink from seating all the way.

Ok~ i dint get the YS fan~ i tried clearing the cmos like 10 times (yes i let it sit) and i resat the cpu~ NOW i get a C1 memory error~ i tried 2 diff sticks of ram.... so now im lost again.....

i dont want to scare you but a7 and c1 were the post codes i got when i fubared my bios. in your case i dought that has happened. for lack of any other ideas put the cmos battery out too

ok it works now..... tore it down.... let it sit for 30min.. no battery.... no ps... and it works...so... im flashing the latest bios....

The Spyder said:
Ok- i put a mcx 4000 on my P4 on my IT7~ i get NOTHING now~ i get an error code A7- there is no code A7 in the manual!!1 WTF? tried new ram/ stock HS/ diff video~anyone have anyideas?? Im sitting here on my Watercooler chillin~ waiting for an answer....

Spyder~

i got the same problem as well..........i check my manual and a7 means detect and install co-processors...........
have u fix ur problem.............????????
when i used to have my p4 2.0 A i never had this problem
this problem exists when i upgraded my cpu to p4 2.5
i laways got this a7 signal when i oc my cpu and switch if off for quite some times...........but if i just restart.......i won;t have the a7 signal...........

im here :) 8i did the following:
Dissasebmled system:
Removed CMos battery for 30min
Assembeled Proc/MB/RAM/VID on a phone book.... pluged in...
WORKED!!!
Try that :)

The Spyder said:
im here :) 8i did the following:
Dissasebmled system:
Removed CMos battery for 30min
Assembeled Proc/MB/RAM/VID on a phone book.... pluged in...
WORKED!!!
Try that :)

i'll try to remove the battery..............i already removed everything last time............but still no solution.............battery might do the trick:)

what i just realized that i had a7 code when i oc my cpu and start up what it is cold

spyder.........as u said u solve the problem.......so u have no more a7 code?

when i oc and have a cold boot.........my comp won't beep.....

but if i dont oc........the comp will just work fine.......

Last edited:
Back