• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help wich board Gigabyte 8IHXP or Asus P4T533-R?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Keruberne

Guys i need help wich of those boards shall i pick? the 8IHXP or P4T533-R? i really need help now

pick the 8IHXP
the Asus P4T533-R is a piece of trash just look at the 97 pages long thread in the hardforums, they are not stable at stock settings.

the 8IHXP definatly rocks, however, how the he!! do you set the AGP/PCI dividers. Does it even have them?

right but when i OC to say 140 FSB, then my AGP is running @ 70mhz and PCI @ 35mhz.

So going much higher on the FSB causes Video card and PCI cards to run out of spec and thus....leads to crashing.

You could set the mem to 3x but then you loose FSB and Mem bandwidth and gain CPU speed.

If there were dividers or a AGP/PCI lock (like ASUS or ABIT) you can still keep your AGP and PCI cards in spec and clock higher.

after about 72 mhz any video card is going to fail.

There is no dividers for that yet. It seems as though there may be in a later BIOS revison though. Some cards run fine with higher AGP rates and only crash in 3D apps at those speeds.
I can run my PC stable at what's listed in the sig but don't always when running games.

that's with the 3X multiplyer on the Ram, doesn't that also cut down on the FSB and memory bandwidth?

so your running @ 156 X3 FSB, that is 468 FSB right?

OMG!!! i see what your saying. So your FSB is low and you CPU speed is high and AGP card is running @ 78mhz.

My card flakes out at that speed.

I NEED DIVIDERS OR AGP LOCK!!!! DAMN YOU GIGABYTE.......MAKE ME A BIOS!!!!!!

Once I asked if the had AGP/PCI dividers for this board and i got no responce.

I saw someone else post something about not getting responces from gigabyte.

Looks like I'll start hounding them till they give me an answer or a new BIOS.

Well i have ordered the 8IHXP, and i think we all should write to Gigabyte and ask for that divider.

I have the GA-8IHXP and I am running at 156fsb. Most of the time everything runs fine, but after a while of gaming or sometimes right away, my FPS slows to a crawl. I'm running a Radeon 9700 Pro. I don't think it's a throttling problem as the temps on the CPU are always below 50C (around 45C at max load for a long time). Could it be due to the AGP/PCI speed? Any suggestions?

For me games tend to crash back to the desktop alot. 150 mhz works fine though.
Everything other than 3d games is stable.

My only problem is that i cant find any reseller that have the RD-1066 in stock, i live in denmark and no reselle have them in there stock and they dont know when they will :(:(

I hope you guys are right; I'm ordering the Gigabyte board this week, and I'm going back to Intel after many years with AMD.
I don't have any problem with AMD; I just want to use Intel for a while...

Good luck with the board - I'm sure it would work better than the ASUS - and I'm sure you will be very happy with it.

Wow i got response from Gigabyte :)

Look

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.
As the forum... 8IHXP is much more stable.
We are sorry that we don't guarantee any OC, but we will forwrad the email to the related department for the reference.

Thank you
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2002 1:27 AM
To: english
Subject: Dividers on 8IHXP

Hi

i would like you people to look here http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127709 because there are more people like me, who would like to have some more dividers on the 8IHXP board

Please reply on this mail.

Johnny Bratholt
Denmark

I haven't sent my e-mail yet.
What e-mail address did you send it to?

It NEEDS dividers.

That's pretty cool that you got a reply as well.

Back