• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Code Ed with IT7???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

martindemon

What is this about? I just plugged my new IT7 and it gives me a "Ed" code?! It is not even written in the manual. The IT7 always makes 1 long beep, repetably. And nothing. :(

the place with the complete error codes went out of busness. one long beep is a memory problem though. try reseating the ram and clearing the cmos. i get the memory beep when i try to go too agressive on memory timings

I tried the 3 places in the IT7 with 1 memory stick. And after, i tried the same thing with another memory stick. It's Winbond ddr400; did i get a bad batch?

hmm its not likely you have two dead sticks of ram unless you were previously overvolting them too high. are you sure your clearing the cmos? i only say this because this board isnt the normal procedure. when you turn off the power aparently theres enough caps to power the board for a few seconds and you must wait

Yes i was resetting the board for 5 seconds each times.
I went to my computer shop and he lended(sp?) me a 256meg DDR333 and it worked when i tried it; first time in the 2nd slot. So the it7 is probably ok and 2 DDR400 dead on arrival? I will try to mix them... Right now i'm reformating my HD to reinstall winxp pro; it did not want to boot (i had a athlon 1.2GHz with that HD, i think it's normal that it won't boot with the same HD on a p4 2.53?)

HEHE....glad that I can help you now =)

Flash to the AV bios, my board did not have that bios and "Ed" code on my Xtreme PC3500+ sticks....

So flash with a working memory, change to the DDR400 and you are all set =)

Find the download and instructions : HERE

:)

IT WORKS!!!
:)
Thank you very much, you made my day!

I just tried it with 1 gig of ddr400 at ddr356 (fsb:dram ratio of 3:4, not overclocked) and i got 12646 in 3dmark2001se. Now installing Audigy and Unreal Tournament!

Back