• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stumped on pb533vm and floppy drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

murdoch

hit a snag i can't figure out. I have this pb533vm all set up runs fine the burner,drive etc.yet i can't get the the floppy to work I always get a i/o error when it intiates any floppy.tried a whole wack of floppies and 5 floppy drives all old to brand new.With an equal amount of (5 different cables)cables.figured out the appropriate way to connect cable it finds floppy at boot up but can't access any disk. Tried generic to enermax power(in case it was under powered) supply to see if that was the problem and still no go exact same i/o error with every combination I tried(minus connecting cable wrong often the floppy connection is the opposite from the others). The only thing I haven't tried was a different motherboard of the same model.My guess is that sometimes not all solder connections were made on the board for its connection port, enough to identify drive but not enough to r/w, thus meaning I may have a faulty board any thoughts would help can't get pass this.

Hymm after skimming thru all the replies to this quirk I found the solution.It was after all a faulty solder point on the board ,the second board works like a charm.If anyone else runs into a problem like this heres the fix take back the board for a new one.

Back