• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No 1.22 Higpoint bios....yet :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Greffel

Registered
No Bios mod expert that could do a new IT7-MAX2_AV bios

Including the 1.22 Highpointbios

some kewl logo

3.2 DDR ofcourse

and ....

Don't know....

Another thred here hade a bios for the normal IT7-MAX with some overclockers logo....

But the 1.22 bios and DDR3.2 vould be kewl..

Greffel

I have to admit that I am in no way shape or form familiar with the Intel chipset boards. What is DDR 3.2? I am assuming that is the voltage that you are looking for, Is this correct? What is the stock voltage of these units?

stock is 2.5 and th normal bios will let you have 2.7 ...

The trixy part seem to be to ad the Highpoint 1.22

Greffel

By looking at your sig I see that you are currently using a bios with a DDR voltage of 3.2 is that correct? If that is the case I would like to know where you got it so I can take a look at it. Adding the Highpoint 1.22 is no problem.

You are the moderator on www.biosmods.com right ?

This bios with the 3.2 option was mailed to me from a guy called Racer_x here in this forum

Download

The 3.2 is easy to add now when I have read some stuff about it. The option is there looking with modbin so you just have to change non-selectable to selectable

Could you post a link to a Add/Remove highpointbios?

Would be great if you could do the mod but it's a little bit of fun to have done some of it by myself :)

Greffel

Yes I am a moderator at biosmods (Why what did I do wrong:D )?

To do this mod the Highpoint bios yourself you will need 3 things

(1) The bios flash (Duh)

(2) The highpoint bios bin file

(3) The program Cbrom

Place all three of these files in one folder and go to a DOS prompt and then to the folder where the files reside.

Now enter the following at the prompt

Cbrom xxxxxxx.bin /pci xxxx.bin

Now the xxxxxxx.bin represents the bios bin file.

The xxxx represents the Highpoint bin file.

After you have typed that in hit enter and you should be greeted with a percentage that was added to your bios.

Now with that complete just type in the following.

Cbrom xxxxxxx.bin /d

That will show you everything that is in the bios. just look to see under the PCI area if the bios revision has changed.

If you have problems just let me know and I will help further.

EDIT: Something weird here I just checked the bios from abit for the IT7_ AV and it has the voltage option already enabled by default.

Last edited:
Thanks for the Tutorial...seems to be easy enough....

The bin you downloaded was the modded orginal with 3.2 enabled..

Greffel

I also downloaded the original non modded from Abit and the DDR voltage is selectable there too. That was the one I was referring to.

Hmm..that's strange.... maybe they thought that ......why not :)

I did mod the bios ...added the 1.22 highpoin and some minor changes, I think I will try later this evning. Or is it verry risky to flash with a bios that might not work?

Can I "force" the old bios back?

Greffel

You are taking a chance anytime you flash your bios. If the bios goes bye bye you cannot force it back unless the boot block works and in that case you have a chance to save it. It is really your call on how confident you are in the product you modded. Good Luck!

Tmod

Let us know how it works. I'd like to try it. It would work on the regular IT7 MAX also?

Back