• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modded it7_av bios for it7 max2 only

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Greffel

Registered
Modded it7_av bios for IT7-MAX2 only

I did not have the currage to test it my self, what will happen if its a bad bin?
Can I just reflash with a tested working one?
I did only change the easy things and added the 1.22 bios with the help of www.biosmods.com moderator Tmod

DOWNLOAD MODDED BIOS

and here are the updated RAID drivers:

Win2K and XP

Win9X and WinME

notes:
-added the new 1.22 Highpoint bios
-increased options for ddr voltage (3.2V)
-increased pci dividers (shows all)

changed defaults:
-enhanced dram is enabled
-ddr voltage is 2.6 instead of 2.5
-PCI divider 33Mhz Fixed

From what I understand the bios files are the same fore IT7-MAX and MAX2. So yes it should work for the MAX also.

If you are not intressted in better RAID preformence there is no need. Just use the V_dimm modded bios instead.

Shockwave

Is this statement badmouthing Greffel? "(we're still stomping ya)"

The Highpoint drivers that I added to this bios could not have been added in any other way. That was the first thing I did and it seemt to work since there was no error message. Changed them with this command string " Cbrom it7av.bin /pci bios374.122

Maybe the highpoint bios must be named *.bin ?

All other options where changed with modbin. Since I don't know the procentage that the program ****t up the bios or I did. I realy cant tell. It's very easy to use and just change "non-selectable" to "selectable"

And then there is the default settings, anyone of those could have messed up the bios. But if there are a bios that works with 3.2V then there is no problem changing the hidden options?

And changing RAID bios have been done before, now in this bios I did not alter it with a bin name for the 1.22 highpoint.

If someone will try I can add 3.2V .... the dividers.....and the 1.22 Highpoint bios NOTHING MORE.

Real sorry if there was aa problem...

OK...

Here is the minimal edited bios: IT7_AV_11

You should get:

1. Highpointbios 1.22

2. 3.2V_dimm

3. All selectable dividers /2 /3 /4 /5 /6

and if you want the 100% tested end working 3.2V_dimm bios it's HERE

The diffrent thing with this relese is that there are no default values changed. So if that was the problem with the first release then this should work....

Modding bios can be a greate fun, to bad that I have no bios sav. or can get my bios reflashed if fail. Since noone else where doing a mod with the new 1.22 bios I thought someone had to do it :)

So let's hope someone with the guts comes along or someone with a bios sav.

If you thougt there would be mem dividers changed I was unclear, there will only be PCI dividers. For mem dividers and such there have to be bios engineers :d (there are no hidden options)

Me I'm just read the tutorials and faild the first time.... did not realy understand what was goning on.... had the checksum error when I used a bad floppy one time ...

Greffel's "confirmed 3.2v memory" bios is running fine and dandy on my machine currently.

2/3/4/5/6 dividers, does that refer to memory dividers?

Also, is there any way to unlock greater than 1.725 volts to the cpu in the bios for the IT7Max 2? If so I would really appreciated a bios that could do that.

I am stuck at 3430 mhz at 1.725 volts. Need to go faster!

My IT7-Max2 should be here tomorrow and I am curious as to what BIOS to use? Is there any mod trick for higher CPU voltage?

chop said:
My IT7-Max2 should be here tomorrow and I am curious as to what BIOS to use? Is there any mod trick for higher CPU voltage?
not likely to see a bios modded for higher vcore. th ebio is writen to look to the cpu to determin apropriate voltages. you need to do the vid pin trick to fool it.

Back