• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ram setting with P4b533

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nigely

i have a p4b533 and corsair 3200 cl2

but iam not able to run at 167fsb stablely
this is caused by the ram
iam already running at 2.7v , is it safe to run the ram at 2.9v?
what other setting is there to make my ram more stable, its on SPD too
thanks

How do you know it's caused by the RAM? This RAM should work fine at 200FSB, CAS2. Are you running two sticks? Two sticks generally won't OC as well as a single stick.

Are you using Memtest86 to test your RAM stability? This is what you should use. Run ALL the tests (eleven) and let it loop for a few hours. If you have no errors in Memtest86 your RAM is fine.

Corsiars' "Ram Guy" (in the Corsair RAM forums) says 2.8V is the maximum safe voltage to use.

I'm getting 426DDR @ CAS 2.5-3-3-7, 2.7V out of my 512MB stick of XMS3200c2. Ran Memtest86 for 8hours with zero errors.

sorry i forgot to mention that iam running 3:4 with fsb 167mhz
its on spd, what other settings is there to have the ram more stable?
1 stick or 512mb

theres no 2.8 to choose, only 2.6, 2.7 and 2.9v

Well, 167FSB and 3:4 gives you DDR445 which is quite fast. I would suggest going more conservative on your timings. The "spd" settings probably give you 2-3-3-6. I'd set it at 2.5-3-3-7 and give it a try.

Go to Asusboard.com forums in the memory forum and look for a big post by "ThugsRook". He's done all kinds of testing with this RAM. Look at the timings/FSBs that he's able to succesfully run and use it as a guide.

If I had to guess, I'd say you're maxed out on your RAM speed. Don't forget to run Memtest86 if you get it working.

i have tried both SPD and manual setting, it gets higher with SPD than manually set the timming
i used to have samsung 333 and it ran about ddr400 that only cost $110
i now got the corsair for $183 and would really like to run it at 167 3:4 with whatever timming, becoz my cpu is able to do it
i did a search on ThugsRook but couldnt find the things you mentioned

i was using memtest86, only this program can test my ram if its stable or not, 3dmark or any games dont show if its that stable

thanks guys

Well, u really cant expect ur memory to go that far, id like mine to do 450mhz too but it really arent possible, settle for what u have.

165mhz fsb with 3:4 divider should be stable.

True nigely, but if ur memory are pushed to the max, u can mess around with the bios as much as u please with no effect.

i just dont want to accept the fact that my ram has gone to the limit
i think i might get better luck with diff board

i had the same idea, since about 165+ mhz fsb at the p4b533-e seems to be the limit, to me at least, but id say ur memory are doing good.

I'd really like to hear if anyone have gotten their p4b533-e above 165-167mhz fsb with a 3:4 memory divider rock stable, and their configuration ofcourse.

As far as I am concerned you have the best board P4B533 and 445DDR is something very few achieve that high.You hit a wall and your limit.A different board aint gonna do it.

mother board are just like cpu
some of them can overclocker higher, some cant
i believe that i have a bad motherboard with good cpu

LastRide said:
As far as I am concerned you have the best board P4B533 and 445DDR is something very few achieve that high.You hit a wall and your limit.A different board aint gonna do it.

Hey nigely bro! Lastride is speaking some good truth here. I have been oc'ing for the last two years and I have used quality stuff too. But I have yet to get to get 445mhz. You got some great mem oc goin' on bro, be glad that you got it. I hope toget as good as what yuo got when I fire up my new upgrade. Relax and just enjoy.

Back