• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit Th7-2 raid +P4 2.5GHz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D.Barry

Is this combination possible? As the latest bios don`t have a 25x100 setting is it still possible to use this cpu on the Th7-2?, Can I set the bios to 24x105 or is the cpu locked to 25X100?

Yes, it is possible to use such a CPU. The multiplier of 25x is locked, so the CPU will run 25x100...

Merkor

How can the cpu run at 25x100 if the motherboard BIOS don`t support any higher than 24X100, and how can I run the cpu at 24x106 if it`s locked at 25x100. I tried to run my current cpu (1.8GHz willamette) at 15x106 just to test it, but instead of running at 1590 it ran at 1908(18x106).

The multiplier ist LOCKED! Intel does that. You can not control it. A 1.8A has 18x, a 2.5 (100) has 25. It doesn't matter what you set in the BIOS. The multiplier selection in the BIOS is only ment for those people who have unlocked engineering samples.

So the only way to overclock your baby is to increase the FSB.

A 2.5 (100MHz FSB) will always run with a multiplier of 25x. The BIOS value does not matter...

You can trust me. Look into the Intel CPU forum. My friend is running a 2.5 (100) in a BD7-II and he has also a multiplier of 24x in the BIOS...

Merkor

I didn`t ask because I was going to overclock it ,(not at first anyway). I just wanted to know if the motherboard is able to run the cpu at all, without any trouble. Tanks for taking the time to help me out :)

Back