• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4b533-e

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

necrobutcher

Registered
i would like to ask some questions about P4b533-E board..

1)this board official support Pc-2100 DDR.. i want to use some Apacer Pc-3200 DDR.. is this going to work or i should change the default bios of this mobo????

2)when i use the raid controler of this mobo can i also use the ide channels?? i aks this because i have an old HDD which i want to use it for backup..

sorry for bad english..

Yes, the board will support the 3200 memory with overclocking and/or the memory 3:4 ratio.

You can only use two hd on the raid, but you can have up to 8 ide devices total when opting to use the raid with the jumpers. That would make two hds on the raid and 6 other ide (2- 1 each on the secondary raid and 4 on the normal ide)

You can only use two hd on the raid, but you can have up to 8 ide devices total when opting to use the raid with the jumpers. That would make two hds on the raid and 6 other ide (2- 1 each on the secondary raid and 4 on the normal ide )

CaptBill thanks for the help but it would be nice to be more analytic about the raid and ide because i am newbie...
thanks again..

OK, There are jumpers that activate the raid option. You will need to make sure that they are in the correct place, see manual. As for your other question, the promise raid controller only support raid, one on each raid ide controller as the primary drive, which leaves the secondary drives open for normal drives not as raid. So the two primary drives one on each raid serve as the raid drives and the two other plugs can be use as other hard drives but will not be associated with the raid. You can only put hard drives on the raid controllers. The nomal ide controllers can have up to four (two each) active and can be cd, dvd, LS 120 etc. This will give you two raid drives, two other hard drives on raid, and four other ide on the normal controllers for a total of 8.

Back