• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Building New PC, Qs about MB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CuriousOne

Registered
So, I was wondering... the more expensive boards above the P4S533... any of them yield faster performance, or just more features? Building a new system, and curious if there's better performance above the P4S533. Not as concerned over added features really. I've got 2 systems at home running on P4S533s, and I like the board. Just checking first before I go and get yet another...

In the process of gathering:

512MB Corsair XMS3200
P4-2.53GHz CPU (to o/c @ 2.8GHz)

...and likely a ti4600, as well.

I just don't know what MB to use...

Thanks!

It depends on if you are willing to wait and get 8x, serial Hdd aka the newest items...if so thent he p4b533 would be best it is 30 dollars more but comes with all the new figures then again it is best to wait for a revision or 2. Right now the p4s533 is rock stable with almost no problems while the other newer ones have had lots.

I have to agree with shortyes about the p4s533. I am very happy with mine. Overclocked my 1.6a to 2.4 easily.

I have heard that some people have trouble using more than one dimm slot when overclocking though. I'm using 2x256mb corsair pc2700 with no problem.

Back