• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!!! BD7-II flipping out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkEdge

Registered
Someone please give me some input here. I flashed my bios today. They were done correctly, and I had no problems with it.

Now though since I flashed my bios my system temp has sky rocketed up to 63-65c. My cpu is at 40c. This makes no sense what so ever. My games are having stability problems now also. I have never heard of this happening, but if someone has lend a hand please. I couldn't find anything on the abit site, but that was expected. :mad:

What bios did you have it flashed with and which one did you go to?

Hard for me to tell what the original was. I don't remember now. I assume it was the bd7293 because I had the enhance dram function. I flashed to the bd72aj. Then after I realized the american site was out dated I flashed to the bd72bu. I still can't figure out whats wrong btw. Thanks for any help you can give.

Ofcourse I don't trust the temps. When I first got the board it said my system/ambient was 35c. Thats only about 10-15c higher then the room. Every bios flash it changes to. The problem though is its going way over 60c now and my system has become unstable.

man out BD7-II sensor is so @#$ked up i bet the temp increases are not even linier. LOL do yourself a favor and get a real temp sensor.

I would trust my tongue on my waterblock rather then any numbers those sensors spit out... lol

DarkEdge said:
Ofcourse I don't trust the temps. When I first got the board it said my system/ambient was 35c. Thats only about 10-15c higher then the room. Every bios flash it changes to. The problem though is its going way over 60c now and my system has become unstable.

I will have to disagree with the comment regarding a BIOS flash changing system temps. Every BIOS flash? I have done a BIOS flash with every one that has become available since I have owned this exact same board.......at least five. System/ambient in the mid to high 30C range and CPU in low to mid 40C range.
Currently using the "AW" BIOS version.

Yes temps have changed in every bios flash. Cpu temps have stayed the same. System however have progressively climbed a few degrees. Not to mention they sore to 60c or more every time I put teh cpu under load. Anyways I flashed back to my original bios, and am now looking for a better mobo.

Back