• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4533-E boot up and cdroms problem help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

idgamerd

Ok I finaly got my P4.2.53 on P4533-E and its water cooled! I do have some problems though, so many you can help me out. Ok:

1. Every time I boot up its checking ram and I went to BIOS but could not find anything to disable it.

2. I have a CDR and CDRW. If I connect power to both the CDR shows its name on boot up and in BIOS curruped like S#4@354 (that sort of thing) and my CDRW dont show up at all (I dont think the system starts either) but if I only connect the CDR and NOT the CDRW it shows the letters just fine and it works fine. Maybe something to do with the jumpers if to what do I change them.

3. Relates to 2 every time on boot it shows "Scaning IDe" (it takes like 30sec.) and in the end it dont find anything.

The first things I can think of are simple:

Have you checked the jumpers to make sure one device is slave and the other is master?

Here's a link to a .pdf file that shows how to install a Mitsumi brand CDR, including changing jumpers.

ftp://ftp.mitsumi.com/pub/manuals/cdrw90a.pdf

Many drives are marked on the back:

MA=master
SL=slave
cs=cable select

One needs to be on master and the other slave. for more info, see the mitsumi link.

Last edited:
I know on my system I had somewhat of the same problem, I just ended up only putting in my CD-RW after all I really didn't need both my Cd-rw plays Cd's as well
I had tried every jumper combo imaginable I even tried both IDE channels.

Well ok, I fixed my CDRW they both show up now (it was the jumpers).

The only problem is the ram check on start up I mean it checks it over and over (might be non stop, im not sure) and I didnt find any way to disable it :(

Also the "MbFastTrack 133 (tm) Bios Verison 2.00 Scaning IDE..." is very annoying since it takes like 30sec.

Sounds like you need to tweak your BIOS. There should be something about it in your mb manual (downloadable from the mfgr's website).

However, I bet you've got the hard drive settings on "AUTO" instead of "USER." Changing that should speed things up a bit. I've not used the promise fastrack, but have used some SCSI controllers. They had similar, though more complicated, settings.

On the memory, there should be something in the BIOS. Check it again. Something like "Fast power on self test [POST]" or something. Again, it should be in the manual.

However depending on whose manual you've got you could be reading a really bad translation from Chinese! :D To be fair to the Taiwanese manufacturers, I translate badly into Chinese from English.

Back