• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally, P4B533 working like it should

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ross

Senior Intel-lectual
After much ado between a P4S Dragon Ultra and the P4B533, the P4B533 convinced me today that it should stay in my box! Finally hit 3021GHz @ DDR424. The screen shots are 3002 @ DDR421. In my amazement of DDR424, I forgot to do the captures ;) I will be sure to do it again...that clock still needs work to be stable anyway.

I looked around, but didn't see too many (or any) numbers. How are these compared to anyone else with the P4B533?

2.53 @ 3002MHz

PC3200 working

Multimedia bench

Mem/Cache

The memory numbers are in the same area as mine doing 430mhz, other than that gr8 overclock!

Thanks everyone! Just curious how high DDR400 will actually run? :) I know each stick/mobo make it different, but I've seen people talk about running DDR450. I just assumed they were using PC3500 or something.

What is the safe max Vmem to run on it? 2.9V?

Thanks!

ive had mine running 2.9v for some months now, runs fine, so far ;) btw what are your fsb and core voltages ?

Ive had my P4B-533E for two days and cant get a decent overclock to be 100% stable.
I have a 2.50 C1 stepping 400FSB chip. I installed windows at 3.00ghz 120FSB and it seems to be rock stable but isnt in Prime95. This CPU is 100% stable at 112FSB on my Abit BG7 using default voltage so I tried these settings on the P4B533E but its not Prime95 stable using default voltage, as the indicated vCore drops to 1.47v. To get stability I had to raise the vCore to 1.65v which gives me about 1.58 under load.
I cant now get over 2.8ghz 112fsb, even with 1.825v, and the vcore is varying more the higher I put it. My +12v is a constant 11.25v, which seems low.
Do I need to RMA my PSU as this is the second board Ive had with unstable voltages, I RMA'd my P4T533 w RIMM4200 because of the voltage fluctuations and instability. Are enermax PSU's really any good? This 550w was the best the shop had....

Believe it or not, it is not your PSU, but rather Asus' SOP. I RMA'd my P4PE because of it. I figured they would've have corrected their VR problems and I certainly wasn't going to stand for that on a $200 mobo, so back it went.

It had the exact same problem as you do...at AUTO setting for Vc (1.500), actual was 1.58-1.59V and under load it would drop to 1.48-1.49. As the Vc was increased, that idle-to-load gap got wider until it was finally about .16V and running up to .10V over the BIOS setting at idle (ie. 1.70V setting = 1.80 actual) and under load it would still drop to 1.66V.

Now I've got a "cheesy" Albatron mobo to hold me over for a DCDDR mobo in a week or two and it reads consistently 1.80V actual with a 1.85V setting (better than .10V over the setting!!) and only drops .02 max from there under load and then comes right back to 1.80V actual and stays there. When a "newcomer" like Albatron has better VR than a top name like Asus, they've got a problem. Inadvertently, the Albatron OC'd my 2.53 stable 5FSB higher than the P4PE did!

I have a modded Enermax 431W PSU (pot to adjust 5V/12V rails and took 12" of length out of every lead) and it works like a champ in every board I've tried. You and I are NOT the only ones with VR problems in Asus mobos....head over to www.asusboards.com and dig around. It really is just their crappy VR.

I am willing to bet that if you replace your P4B533E with another Asus mobo, you are going to have the same problem. That's why I'll be picking up an Abit GB-7 Ultra for DCDDR instead of the Asus P4G8X...

ross fsb and vcore plz :) ive ordered a 2.53ghz and just want to hear what uve got ur running at.

And my vcore atm are at 1.7 set in bios, under load it drops to some 1.63v :| and when idling it rises to 1.75 ...

Reallya bad feature on the asus boards, although if it were the other way around i would have digged it ;)

Yep, I sent back the P4PE because of it and got this "cheap" Albatron to hold me over a few weeks til DCDDR. My Vc on it is set at 1.85 which reads consistent 1.80V actual and only drops to 1.78 on load. A 1.85 setting on the Asus would've been like 1.95V at idle and 1.75 on load. Puhlease. It's also why I'll buy an Abit GB-7 Ultra instead of the Asus P4G8X when they're released.

Anyway, this board runs the CPU about 5FSB faster than any Asus I've tried. Unfortunately, I can't run the 2-2-2-5 mem timings at anything over ~150 FSB like on the P4PE or the POST voice thingy ******* me out ;) It's only about 40MB/s lower benches than with the faster timings though. If the P4PE had better VR, it would seriously be one of the best boards out there right now.

On this board, I've got 164 FSB stable where 158-159 was about the max stable on the P4PE. I got it to post and load XP exactly one time @ 165 (3135). If I had a true 1.85 actual, it would probably be there or 166 just fine. I tried the 1.7 and 1.85 VID tricks, but neither opened up higher Vc options in the BIOS :(

I have an MCX4000 with a Vantec Tornado on it and load temps haven't gone over 45C yet....idles around 39-40C.

Hehe. Yeah, the idle/load Vc should definitely be the other way around!! If you get a C1 step, I will be curious how well yours benches. Mine is a B0. Keep me posted...

Back