• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New IT7 Max-Pain-in-the-arse

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KerryrreK

Hey guys,

Just bought a new IT7 Max from newegg, can't get my onboard sound to work. It's enabled in the bios, I have the 98se driver off of the Abit IT7 CD, I have DirectX 8.1, and I get the following error in DirectX:

Error: Problem getting extra sound info, result code = 0x80070057 (invalid argument(s))

Here's my setup:

Intel 2.4b
512MB Corsair PC-3500C2
Albatron TI4200 Turbo 128MB
Thermaltake 360 PSU
Western Digital 80 gig 8mb HD
MSI CDRW 48x16x48x
and a cheapo case with 5 fans

Can someone help me? (I'm also trying to contact Abit too so dont just tell me to ask them) I'm thinkin this has got to be a usual problem with win98se on this board.

Kerry

When I tried the intel drivers using w98se, I couldn't get the CD to load at all. The Abit CD loaded, and then a popup notice says " this motherboard will not run on anything but Win 2000 me , or xp.

I could run 98, but no intel drivers, or IAA. How did you install audio drivers at all?

steve

okay, I downloaded the new drivers and DirectX 8a, installed the drivers, but couldn't install 8a over 8.1, so I deleted some of the files for 8.1 in frustration, still nothing. Then I reloaded 8.1, except I loaded it from my albatron video card cd, and now it works! The abit cd version of 8.1 must be buggy.

Also, to load things off the abit cd in win98, go to my computer, right click on your cd drive with the cd in it, and then click explore, find drivers, and then setup, this works with everything on the cd for the most part.

Thanx guys,

Kerry

Back