• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte 8IEXP and networking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NS13Stinger

Has anyone had success networking their computer with a Gigabyte 8IEXP to any other computers? I have been able to connect my computer (w/8IEXP) to a network, but, I am unable to make this computer the "controller" of a network. I have installed the drivers for my onboard LAN and ran the setup wizard on the other computer to make a network connection on that computer, but when I try to run the network connection wizard on my computer (w/ 8IEXP), the setup will fail. Any suggestions other than making my old conputer the network "master" and my newer computer the "slave"? I have tried installing the newer driver for my onboard lan, but cannot get it to install correctly either.

Hi, I had a similar problem my sister had win xp and I had 98se. I could make her the master but not the other way round. I`m not sure why my friend siad try setting up IP numbers but I left it because I only had the ethenet cable borrowed for a few weeks. hope that possibly helped a bit.
You have the pc im going to buy next weekend P4 2.53 512. etc. I have a choice either the Gigabyte 8IE board or a jetway board which is £40 cheaper. what do you think?

I have never heard of a jetway motherboard, but my 8IEXP is running smoothly! I have not attempted to overclock it because my other computer has a PIII 1.2Ghz. I have become so used to my old computer booting up that when I boot up my new computer with the P4 2.53Ghz, it seems SOOO much faster! I'm happy with the 8IEXP.

As for the networking, I will have to "tinker" with it till I get it to work.

Good luck. Sorry but I failed to mention that on our setup I did get full use of the ethernet when I changed my sisters op system to millenium I kept 98. Thanks for telling me about the MB think I`ll definatly upgrade soon.

I FINALLY got my home LAN to work. I was overlooking a setting that was not supposed to be checked. Something to do with IEEE. Anyway, it works and I'm happy!

Tell Louie I said Hello! BTW, the Gigabyte MB looks AWESOME with a Swiftech MCX4000 heatsink mounted to it!

Ill tell him, I had a look at the swiftech heatsink does look quite tasty. On my P3 at the moment I have a Thermosonic Thermoengine heatsink which I also think looks the biz. Not sure why I get a temp of 53 ish for my processor though.

Back