• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with a CC820

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VWW

Hey matey's,
I have my P3 550 sitting on an Intel CC820 motherboard. It's running at 100Mhz FSB (but the board supports 133Mhz). I have been looking around everywhere for any info on how to overclock this board but there doesnt seem to be any info anywhere. There are no adjustable settings in the BIOS for the FSB

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Email - [email protected]

Computer specs:
P3 550Mhz
Intel CC820 M/B
512MB PC133 SDRAM
80GB Seagate Barracuda ATA100 HDD
30GB Seagate Barracuda ATA66 HDD
Matrox G400
Creative Vibra128 Sound
Mitsumi 32x6x4 CDRW
Pioneer 10x DVD
Win2k SP3

There are a few problems here...

- The Intel CC820 is not 100% stable because of the MTH that converts SDRAM to RAMBUS(t). This board was recalled two years ago for a reason. That said, it might be stable for you...

- The original P3/550 (512K cache) is a lousy OCer. If you have a P3/550E it should get to 733, though.

- Intel mobos don't OC, as a rule, outside of pin tricks to boost the FSB and whatnot.

That said... if you have a Coppermine, try doing a pin/slot trick to make the chip say it is a 133mhz CPU. It will then run at 733.

Back