• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P4S333 usb problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ozzie_no_good

hello all peeps a friend off my has an p4s333 the only downside is that when he uses an USB devise his computer will go very slow after playing a few seconds so is this problem easy to fix ore is it a know problem of this bord ???

specs of his system

p4 1.8
hercules 8500 le video
256 mb memory
30 g hd
sidewinder steering wheel
windows xp pro

I have a p5s533 and have not had a similar problem. You might try downloading the latest drivers for the board... :eh?:

www.asus.com

Is this with all USB devices? Or maybe the device you're using has a problem?

no I found the problem ,it's an irq sharing problem this mainbord has two usb and one off them has the same irq as the windows acpi so i disabled one of of my usb with the same irq and it hassend had the problem again .

the only downside is that one off the usb poorts is disabled now

i use a hub i bought when my last mobo only had 2 usb ports. I presently only hook up to one of the usb ports. The hub is on my desktop and i can plug in my digital cam or whatever else without having to get behind my pc. anyway, that hub gives me easy access to 4 usb ports. I did connect the extra ports to the mobo header, but I'll probably never use them all anyway.

i don't think it's too much of a loss when you can hook something like 128 devices or so to one port - provided you go freaking-hub-crazy!

i remember watching some engineer that was in on the early days of PCs and he said if he could do one thing differently in the way things were designed it would have been to switch from rising edge triggered IRQs to falling edge triggered IRQs (or maybe vice versa).

That simple switch would have ended all this IRQ conflict turmoil we still experience to this day.

i coulda had a V8....

-BdK

you can add up to 2 addditonal usb cards with the p4s533...which can give you 4 more usb ports....otherwise there are plenty of pci usb addon cards you can buy

Back