• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just wondering if anyone knows of a board to meet these specs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JML

a P4 board w/

a 533 FSB (the higher it can go the better)

ATA/133 RAID

Voltage increments that will go pretty high

Preferably DDR, but if there's a RDRAM board that fits this description better, I'd consider it.

P4 systems are somewhat alien to me, and I'm thinking about upgrading, and I'm just trying to compare AMD boards with P4's to see what I'll like best.

Thanks in advance

well pretty much all P4 boards bar the older one's are 533 mhz now - and you can ramp em up higher.
My GA-8IHXP has RAID supporting ATA133 but it's a RDRAM board.
It also has plenty of other features like Dual Bios, 6 channel audio and 10 USB 2.0 Ports.
I would recommend this as a P4 board.

The IT7 will do everything, it also has " pci/agp freq lock,and fsb to 225.

It also has 3:4, 4:3, and 1:1 memory ratios. I am having no problem running ddr 400 memory.

steve

I looked up the IT7 board you mentioned- it looks like an awesome board! FSB up to 225 seems kinda pointless, aren't all p4 multipliers locked? No P4 could overclock that much

JML, multipliers are locked- not fsb. You're right, fsb to 225 is a bit high, but you never know.

steve

The IT7-MAX2 is out now. Has Serial ATA so you could finally get some airflow in your Case - it also has all the features you mentioned and some serious OC potential.

Back