• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OK where the heck is the ABIT BD7-II MEM VMOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Look here, your Abit BD7-2 has Winbond W83301R voltage regulator chip, so the maximum selectable DDR is 2.70V by design. Compare to Winbond W83301DR-0, it has another selectable option of 2.90V.

If you use modbin6.exe (award / phoenix bios editor) and go to DDR voltage section, you will see "blank" and "not selectable" as default. You will see something like this below:

2.5V ........ selectable
blank ....... non selectable
2.6V ........ selectable
2.7V ........ selectable
you can edit and make it selectable, so in bios's soft menu, there will be blank option to be selected.

Could it be the "blank" means 2.9V? I have not try this idea. Looking at Winbond datasheet, the electrical diagram is the same for both DDR voltage regulators.

Could it be this mod that enable higher VMEM? This guy write:

"The input voltage for the memory can be increased by soldering 100 ohm trimmer in parallel with the resistor R159 (202) situated in the right side of the memory sockets between 431AIC and W83601R circuits. Memory voltage can be measured from the source of Q4-FET".

source: http://www.vr-zone.com/guides/Shuttle/AK3x/

See picture below:

no i don’t think so. I have made a few knowledgeable Voltage modders out there aware or this thread, and one has replied stating he has a bd7-II. He has told me he will look into it in the next couple of days. In the mean time he wrote this blurb in th9is reply.

While you can try to find Winbond W83301R regulator's datasheet and look for Vfb pin, grounding this with proper resistor usually rises Vmem. Just like most voltage mods to cpu's. Resistor value can be found trying with 50K potentiometer at max position and measuring Vmem while adjusting resistor value smaller.

Never mind installed the traditional Chinese font pack and it all came up in English. There is no "VFB" on the pinout though. All pins are labeled in detail so im sure someone will find the right one.

Gofastman.... would you share the picture of pins? I am thinking to mod the 9936 chip (very small chip next to W83301R). Just like in the picture above.

Last edited:
Man do i need this for my Corsair Pc3500C2!!

ha... ha..... I am thinking the same too! Actually I am doing fine at 145FSB. Anyway, thanks for adobe's web address. I've been looking the font pack for 3 days.

Well, my mobo will go for "operation" this saturday. I'll let you know the result.

UN-MODDED
ddrorig.gif

MODDED
ddrmod.gif

OK Try This:

See attached picture and notice added resistors R1 and R2. (R1+R2)/R2 should give new voltage. If R1 = 10 ohms and R2 = 100 ohms then it should give 10% increase and 1.1 x 2.5V = 2.75V and 1.1 x 2.7V = 2.97V.

Notice that picture is from 24pin W83301DR-O and that STRsen1 pin 22 is pin 19 at W83301R.

I did not come up with this mod, I found an individual who is familiar with these Voltage regulators

Last edited:
as I said.... no luck sir.... check out your informant, the formula he gave you is not complete. I need the right reference voltage for W83301R to complete the formula.

In your calculation, you assume the reference voltage = 1.0v .
Are you sure the reference voltage for W83301R is 1.0V ?

So I am your guinnea pigs? ..... he....he....

BD7 & BD7-II mobo VMEM modification

Gofastman.... I think your diagram is WORKING!!!!

I use 10 OHM resistor for R1 with 5% tolerance
and 100 OHM resistor for R2 with 5% tolerance

People, see digram above for R1 & R2, DO NOT MIX IT UP!!!

I have to disconnect Pin 19 ( STR sen from the PCB trace and insert R1 = 10 OHM resistor in between ). I have to CUT the pcb trace between pin 19 and mosfet, and re-connect the CUT with 10 ohm resistors.

Another resistor R2 = 100 OHM is connected between pin 19 and motherboard ground, for example: the round holes for screws. You should solder the 100 ohm resistor close to pin 19 or between pin 19 and the 10 ohm resistor. .

I guess is working now, no problemo for 2 days yet.

http://home.t-online.de/home/320072397750-0001/vmod-chip2.jpg

Back