• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

****ed @ it all (...@ me.... )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hellraiser

in april i got myself a 1.6northy and an epox board ( cant remember the name...) and some infineon ram.
i knew that my p4 would live up to my expectations if i gave him good rams and good bandwith to my rams. but i didnt want to get myself rimms . never had that money ( besides the unclockability... ) (i didnt really know anything about pc 2100 pc 2700 and so on - the differences - i never cared)
turned out that my epox board was crap caus i couldnt set anything useful to my rams ( settings. normal ,turbo .... thats it. terrible, i never knew what i actually was setting... 3.3.3 .3.2.3 ... ? )
so got myslf a small asus board mitx factor, caus i wanted to make a really small case.
turned out that i couldnet adjust any vcore at all on that board.
great huh? yeah, thought just the same.
so then i got myself another epox board (i gave up on the small pc idea... ), this time its my current 4bda, which is a good board if you only want to use ddr dimms till pc2100. i only have pc2100 so thats not really a problem, and im maxing the s*** out of them ( 2.2.5.2 ) but i can have more performance if i have pc3200 dimms and a motherboard which supports them!

i am so ****ed...

i learned something from this, hope i could help someone else before going through my mistakes....

thanks for your time

btw. 1.6a @ 2.4 stable ( prime95 stable ) air cooled by alpha
some 256 ddr kingston 5ms dimms @ 2.2.2

www.8ung.at/hellraiser/black.htm

Back