• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit IT7 max2 and Xtreme DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

corsvall

I have a abit it7 max2 motherboard and Xtreme DDR 32000 memory but there is some problem with abit and Xtreme so the memory voltage is always 3.3 and that maybeisnt that good?
So i talked to the ppl i bought the Xtreme DDR from and thay said i could change it if i wanted but thay have been useing it and found no problem.

Should i change my Xtreme DDR to PC-3200 or Corsair DDR XMS3200C2?

And if so to wich?

/Oscar

This is what I know fore sure, before my Corsair I had 2 sticks on this mobo it was the Xtreme PC3500+ and they did not have the voltage "problem" you have but they realy worked bad on this board. Probobly as I had 2 sticks (allways better with one).

So Xtreme sticks where able to overclock using the 3:4 divider to 143 FSB that wouls be 190Mhz memory or 380 Mhz DDR speed . That was using the most relaxt timings.

So my shop said that I can change them for 1 stick 512Mb Corsair.

This stick is absolutly awsome, running right now at 218Mhz @ cas2 -6-3-3

I heard that Xtreme is working on a new PCB and the word is "SPEEEEEEED" but if you whant that speed now get the corsair.

Since this board don't have that greate 3.2 Vdimm, that talks for the Corsair to. Xtreme allways seem to need more juce

It's the "ground" to all things =) hehe

PCB is the "thing" that all components a mounted on, in this case the memory modules. Most cases it's green but like the Abit IT7-max2 it's black.

Tja greffel såg att du var svensk.
Tänkte höra vart du har fått tag i din bios.
Finns du på irc nån stanns så man kan tjattra lite?

Back