• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a board for an old p3 500 mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

I just built myself a new system, and gave my old tbird to my mother, so now I can take my old Compaq back. I have taken the cpu out a few times, so I know it is probably the only non compaqified thing on that pc. What I want to do is set up a spare system for myself using that cpu, could anyone recomend a board that would run this cpu? I really dont care what it offers, as long as I can pop this cpu in and run this pc, I dont want to use it with that compaq board ever again ;)

I have a Soltek 67FV-1 that is 100/133 ultra 66 that will take upto 786 RAM and and 8.0x multiplier. It has AGP 2 ISA and 4 PCI, on board sound, USB Slot 1 board. If you are interested in it email me privately. It will boot Floppy, CD, LS-120, hard drive. A very flexible board.

Do a search on Pricewatch for "440BX". This was the most popular chipset Intel made for the SECC P2/3/Celeron A, everyone made boards using it, and many are still around.

I have a P3/500 running on a Intel Seattle board. If there is a better backup/work system, I don't know what it is. Gibraltar will crash before this computer will.

BHD

The best old 440BX MB you can get is the ASUS P3B-F. You can
still find them around. Stable and overclockable.

Back