• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else w/P4PE yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ross

Senior Intel-lectual
I got mine yesterday and it is looking to be a decent step up from the P4B533 that I had in terms of benches. You can see the comparison here. It's definitely a big jump up in terms of features ;)

Just wanted some comparisons to what others are getting on them and also to ask about CPU temps from whatever mobo you were using to the P4PE. My P4PE temps read 10C higher at idle and load over what they were on the P4B533 with the same CPU/sink/fan. Just curious to find out whether the P4B533 or P4PE are lying to me :)

I hope to get my P4PE next week, with 2 x 512Mb of XMS3200C2. Unless I manage to exchange the order in between from 3200C2 to 3500C2 (although the former would probably do good enough)...

When I finally assemble the beast, I will let you know... Of course, I may get some problems running two sticks of RAM instead of one, but we'll see.

Nice link that you've provided!

Skipper-- I guess it depends what CPU you have and how much you plan to OC. PC3200 should be enough. Please let me what kind of temps you are seeing and how much you Vcore is off ;)

While it benches very nice, it still has the same voltage regulation problem (Vcore) that all Asus boards have. I was kind of hoping they would've fixed this. Add .7-.8V to whatever you set your Vcore to in BIOS and under load, I've seen it drop to .4 under what it is set at. Since I can't set Vcore to over 1.725 without going over 1.80Vcore at idle, I am pretty sure that's what's holding up any further OC (only 1.68Vcore under load).

CaptBill-- "officially" it's a DDR333 board, but that's obviously out the window. At 133fsb, you can select DDR333 or DDR355 and it goes up from there. While you just "pick" the DDR speed you want in the BIOS, they work out to 3:4 and 4:5 ratios (on 533 bus CPUs anyway...not sure what's available for 400 bus). If, by some act of God, you could run 200FSB the mobo goes to (maybe the 3.06GHz when it's released?), DDR goes all the way up to DDR533...

Wow, I'm impressed.
I hope the Granite Chipset will be as good or better (I want bandwidth!!!!). I have 2 Mushkin PC-3200 sticks that can do DDR 450, but I need a better mobo to handle that speed. My chipset just can't do anything above 140fsb with the 4:6 divider.

Back