• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which mb....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

the Undone guy

Registered
I'm looking to build a new system with a P4 2.0 and overclock it to a 2.4 on just stock things. Nothing too dangerous, just want an extra boost in performance. This leaves me unsure of which motherboard to get. Right now i've got a few choices.

Ive been looking at:

Asus P4B533-x (so many models!)
Abit BD7II 478pin
or an EPOX EP-4BEAV 478pin

I really have no idea which would be easiest/better for overclocking a 2.0 to a 2.4 without many alterations. I'm really not looking forward to wire pinning anything. And most likely i'm going to use standard PC2100 ddr ram. Any advice would be greatly appritiated. Thanks guys!

-the Undone guy

i really like the onboard Raid and the nifty fan reduction thing they have. Am i going to have a problem OCing it to 2.4 without any modifications or diff hs/fans? And the cheapest one i could find was like 155 bucks...that as low as they go?

edit - and if it is, is the 50 dollar price jump worth it?

Last edited:
Back