• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit BE7???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nikopop

Registered
Hello I wanna change my motherboard because my BG7 is horrible...

What do you think about new Abit BE7???

Its a fairly crap board actually, has issues with undervolting, cold booting when exiting the bios in certain circumstances, max 2.7v vdimm and +15% vcore.

Wait for something better if i was you.

Anonicle said:
Its a fairly crap board actually, has issues with undervolting, cold booting when exiting the bios in certain circumstances, max 2.7v vdimm and +15% vcore.

Wait for something better if i was you.

Have you ever seen this board? :eh?:

regards

R.

I love this Motherboard...

With a P4 2.4, I run at 3015Mhz at 1.66v Vcore with ratio 3:4, my corsair 3200 is rockstable in cas2...

ouffff.JPG

Looks cool, but what's the FSB program???

Does it vary settings or just report them???

Any advantage for a BD7-RAID???

Thanks

I've got a BD7, it's less stable than the BE7 and I've got many problem to pass the 3ghz and to run my Corsair 3200...

It's really a great motherboard for a good price...

Just a problem with cold boot and desynchro... Like Abit do it!!!

So what's the scoop on the Vdimm? Is it really only limited to 2.7V? And what do your actual Vcore readings look like at idle/load compared to what is set in the BIOS? Is there a 4:5 mem ratio as well?

Sorry for all the quetions....I am getting tired of waiting for the IT7 Max2 Rev2 to come out and may just get a BE7 to hold me over until the dual-channel mobos are released...

BE7

well what can I say.....

I had the BE7 for about 1/2 an hour before it blew itself up and took a new 2.4b with it and a new Ti4200 as well. Dont know about the ram (512 corsair 3200 cas2) but thats RMA'd as well.

Vcore adjustment is +5%, +10%, +15%
Vdimm 2.5, 2.6, 2.7
AGP dunno, never went long enuff to look for it
3:4 memory
4:5 memory

voltages all over the place with a 400w supply.
vcore +15% should be 1.725 but was reading 1.6 in the bios.
same with vdimm.
serious undervolting
surprised it had enuff juice to do itself any damage really

really wish I hadn't bothered :mad:

Bias

Well that sux. I've already decided to just get a cheapo mobo to keep me up and running for the next few weeks until the DCDDR boards are released. I wonder if the BE7 issues have anything to do with the fact that IT7 Max2 Rev2 info is gone from Abit's site? Maybe they decided against it...

for those who had problems with voltage regulation, what power supplies were you using?

TIA

yeah, i have to agree that abit mobo sux. my it7 is showing the A7 code all the time and i have no idea on how to boot it up. i already contacted abit about this and they are sending another it7 for me. hope that one works.

skane said:
for those who had problems with voltage regulation, what power supplies were you using?

TIA

More power supply is fine on every other board i've used it on, and at the present count, that is over 11 PIV boards. The BE7 is a very, very poor effort, and i believe Abit are trying to push people towards the Max2, which i will never buy as it is overpriced.

Back