• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else with this issue? Beeping Board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Able72

Here is what happens, while the computer is up and running, it periodically makes this sound, two short high piched beeps followed by a longer lower toned beep. I checked the Manual for the code on the Bios beeps and the closest thing I can see is the one saying that the CPU is overheating and has been shifted down to now run at a slower clock speed. I checked the CPU temps regularly using Asus Probe and those are running idle at about 30*C and 36*C under load. Also, it is still running within factory settings (no overclocking yet). This then is causing me some frustration.:mad:

Mobo is an Asus P4B533-E

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :(

I have the same prob, it's actually cause of the voltage, it goes spaz above ~1.725v. The only replies I got told me to unplug the pc speaker. I'm pretty sure you can't disable it in the BIOS. I've looked everywhere for a setting.

Only thing is the 1.5V line isn't going that high, it doesn't ever seem to get above about ~1.6V

When I talked to Asus Tech support today, they seemed to think it might be powersupply voltage regulator (although unlikely considering the brand of power supply), or a bad voltage regulator on the mobo, or could be the mobo grounding out on the case periodically.

I have an Ernermax Whisper 431watt

And the tech agent was the one that seemed to think that was unlikely, least he said "those are usually pretty good psu"

Doesn't mean I couldn't have gotten a bad one, just that it would seem less likely

If it is the PSU I guess you could measure the rails with a multimeter. Has the board made this sound since you got it?

Could be PSU or the board, maybe swap PSU's.

yeah, its been beeping at me like this ever since I first got the box put together and fired it up for the first time

Also, I don't happen to have a multimeter, but the voltage measurements comming from Asus Probe don't indicate anything strange, nothing that wouldn't be within the +/- 10% range at least.

Yeah, I'd swap the PSU first, if it still goes nuts I'd RMA the board. You could also try flashing the bios to the latest revision.

Just my 2 Australian cents

thats about what the tech I talked to said this afternoon, except he also suggested making sure its not grounding out on the case

Damnit, what is it with my luck and computer parts these days. First I get a CPU thats DOA, then I get a (possibly) bad Mobo. Am I to never get the chance to build this box and get it all running? Heck, by the time I get all good parts it will be time to upgrade again

well, this is only the second rig that I've built, and really the first that I've built from scratch (meaning the last time I didn't buy psu and case seperate, nor did I shop for the most effective heatsink/fan combo). So I guess I really shouldn't complain, its just that everything went so smoothly with the first rig I built, that set me up for some rather high expectations I am begining to discover. Ah well, just hate the thought of another two week wait while I wait on the RMA. They are such a PIA

Back when AT boards were still all the rage, DFI made a board (586ITBD, I think) that had a similar issue. It had a temp sensor onboard and was set to go off at too low of a temp.

The bad news:
They finally had to make a BIOS revision to fix the problem. :rolleyes: :mad:

Might there be a newer version of the BIOS available to you?

already updated the bios to the latest version available. Thought of that, also was hopping that the most recent revision might make that magic 3/4 mem dividor show up above 132mhz fsb

but what was the problem please.......................in the book, it says it is an overheating cpu High Frequency beeps when system is working : means that the CPU overheated; System running at lower frequency < this is what it says in the manual.

yeah, thats what it says alright. This is kinda funny and a little embarassing. With all the fans I have cranking in my case, what I thought was a beep from the internal case speaker, after disconecting the internal speaker and turning off the external speakers turned out to be some high pitched mechanical squeek. Probably from one of the fans at the front of the case. I haven't located it yet, but it has been downgraded from a must solve problem to mearly being an anoyance.

Back