• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P4S533 can't do DDR 430 above 133fsb, but can do ddr 450 at 113fsb.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lightbulb8817

Asus P4S533 can't do DDR 435 above 133fsb, but can do ddr 450 at 113fsb.

I know it's not my cpu stopping my overclock because my 1.8a can do 150fsb with 1.65 vcore. My P4S533 can't handle my ram at 145fsb with the 4:6 divider with 2.7vdimm (DDR 435), but it can handle my ram at 113 fsb with 3:6 vdimm with 2.7vdimm (DDR 450).

What is causing it? Is it the SISsy chipset I have on this mobo? Any ideas?

Dunno. I'm running mine somwhere around 145 fsb right now. Corsair cas 2 pc2700.

Are you using more than one stick of ram? That's mentioned in the manual as a possible problem at more than pc2100 speeds.

Tried swapping slots?

cursor said:
Dunno. I'm running mine somwhere around 145 fsb right now. Corsair cas 2 pc2700.

Are you using more than one stick of ram? That's mentioned in the manual as a possible problem at more than pc2100 speeds.

Tried swapping slots?

What divider are you using? I can run my computer all the way up to 150 fsb, but I have to use the 4:5 divider. My problem is that it won't run stable with the 4:6 divider. I can use the 3:6 divider under 133fsb and hit ddr 450, but I can't even hit ddr 430 above 133fsb. I think it's the mobo can't handle the extra speed. I tried with 3 different sticks of ram. I tried 2 different Muskin PC-3200 256mb Cas 2.5 at default and 2.7vdimm, I also tried my Corsair PC-3200 Cas 2.5 512 mb.

yes, I tried swapping spots.

OK. I did this 1.6a thing back in May for the 1st & only time, so shoot me if I'm wrong on any of this--

I'm an old guy, right? Nearly 30 anyway. So I forgot what I was running my memory at, disregard my last post. :beer:

I just went back over the bios and found these settings:

1.6a@150/38 fsb, divider 4:5, memory by spd, core voltage: auto

I've been running this without a hitch for what, 5 months now? So that puts me at 2.4 proc, and 190 mhz memory. My voltage is low, right around whatever the default is, I forget.

I did get some better results from my memory when I adjusted the timings, but got frustrated when it kept locking up and getting those lovely XP bluescreens. Even had a couple of those "recovered from serious error" things. The voltage I played with, but nothing was as stable as the default.

OH and I am using 2 sticks of memory. I got a later revision of the board, I guess. I got no difference between 1 stick and 2. I guess that means I'll be able to use this RAM on a dual DDR board, right?

Hmmmm... Maybe try putting your voltage back at auto, your memory at by spd, and your divider at 4:5?

HEY ANYBODY--Would a 4:4 divider with really agressive timings get better performance?:eek: I doubt it, but somebody ought to know.

Back