• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stats help on the way?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Morpheus

Grandfather of Crunchers Senior
Looks like Chris, the sheet author, is currently working on our problem... rather than holding the job in que... :)

Depending on the depth of the problem, we may have stats back soon...

BUT, who's going to run them?

Seems like the team is falling short of volunteers to maintain the stats pages... nobody, has even sent me an email... ???

Morpheus said:
Looks like Chris, the sheet author, is currently working on our problem... rather than holding the job in que... :)

Depending on the depth of the problem, we may have stats back soon...

BUT, who's going to run them?

Seems like the team is falling short of volunteers to maintain the stats pages... nobody, has even sent me an email... ???

I wouldn't mind - but I don't have tenure with this group. I have also had a problem getting the Skz sheet to even open on my computer, keeps coming up with an error that the project or library can't be found - then dumps me into the VB debugger. Been looking at the functionality of the sheet with the macros disabled.

Re: Re: Stats help on the way?

chawken said:

I wouldn't mind - but I don't have tenure with this group. I have also had a problem getting the Skz sheet to even open on my computer, keeps coming up with an error that the project or library can't be found - then dumps me into the VB debugger. Been looking at the functionality of the sheet with the macros disabled.
Same problem here all I had to do to fix it was to install visual studio and then the macros worked. Must need some of the vb librarys.

I am avialiable to help out if needed. Let me know what you need and I'll let you know if I can do it. I can do the Excel sheet, I am not very good at html though.

Everybody interested, be sure to take a look here... I think Daman, Thelemac, has a good handle on Excel... & I would recommend him as project leader pro tem based on many other qualities I have observed & what I believe is his interest in the position & it's many duties...

I would also unreservedly recommend Basher, should Daman decline.. I have much respect for his continued commitment to keeping the team viable...

Tim (TC) would have been my first choice... his knowledge, abilities and techical resources are vast, but I also understand Tim simply doesn't have the time...

and, thirdly, Chawken... His knowledge and ability to, perhaps, automate some of the stats is the next direction the team might want to consider going... realistically, who among us will have the time, energy & patience to update all the current stats pages when the membership reaches 1,000? 2,000? 4,000?... (and I think it will)

I realize that these are recommendations from a "has been" leader... in reality I have no further authority (SpeeDj does)... these are simply my observations, off the cuff...

Crunch on!!!

I'm all for it!

Now if we can just get those sheets working again...

Crunch on, my friends!

Morpheus said:
and, thirdly, Chawken... His knowledge and ability to, perhaps, automate some of the stats is the next direction the team might want to consider going... realistically, who among us will have the time, energy & patience to update all the current stats pages when the membership reaches 1,000? 2,000? 4,000?... (and I think it will)

I realize that these are recommendations from a "has been" leader... in reality I have no further authority (SpeeDj does)... these are simply my observations, off the cuff...

Crunch on!!!

I am trying to spec out a database system that will benefit the team when we do get a bit bigger. Once I have all my programatic concerns realized, I am hoping whom ever is in charge of the stats sheet will lend some advice.

With no disrespect to Jay - I take exception to the term "'has been' leader". I think that you have done an outstanding job with this team, Kris. I may have only joined this team 2 1/2 months ago - but I had been watching it for sometime before that. I changed to this team because I thought it was a team with outstanding leadership and a great team spirit. Jay has his work cut out for him, to live up to the standard of excellence that you have provided this team.

I seriously lack the appropriate skill. It would be inappropriate for me to offer, you might actually accept and then we'd really be in trouble. :eek: If, however, there's a position for a big loud mouth to lip off to other people I have the skills and am available. :D

I am truly honored you would say such a thing, but I honestly don't have the patience to handle a task like this. Nor do I have the time right now. If the system was more automated I could lend a hand, but it's going to be nearly impossible to keep the stats going in its present form once the membership increases to 1000+ Heck I can't imagine updating the 600 some odd stats as it stands now. I was hoping to get some help from my friend whom got me the job at Assembleon. He's the webmaster and is quite good with asp, php, my sql, ms sql, etc. but with work and two infants at home he just doesn't have the time to do stuff like this for free - plus he doesn't care about Seti so it wouldn't mean anything to him :(

killem1x1 said:
I have html experience and would love to help out in any way possible. I PM'd you -

Hey that sounds GREAT... one thing the team has been short on is HTML experience... :)

Crunch 'em

Chawken.. thank you...

I will always be happy to lend my input into your project... no matter what my "official" capacity with the team... In addition, I design our first stats sheet (now ANCIENT history & have spent a good deal of time with Chris'.. I might be able to lend insight into formulas & tracking methods based on what has & hasn't worked...

Another thing... when we do get to be a BIG team, less stats will inevitably be necessary... I mean have you ever REALLY looked at what team Lamb Chop provides? Unles you are an "elite" member you really don't have much but a few colors on a graph here & there, and some pretty BASIC calculations...

just my 2 cents....

Morpheus said:

I would also unreservedly recommend Basher, should Daman decline.. I have much respect for his continued commitment to keeping the team viable...

Crunch on!!!
Thanks :D :cool: I am willing to help in any way possible, I do have a 2 year degree in programming but I have not been able to find a job yet so my skills are limited. I really think the teams stats future lies in chawkens hands, we really need to get on the ball and spec out a DB for him to set up. If we can get the excel sheet running in the mean time that would be great.

Back