• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Highest Volt for mem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
D

Dragon_Engineer2

Whats the highest voltage setting you guys would recommend.I want to see if I can push my mem further but I'm stuck at 333fsb.

Although I don't have DDR, from what I've heard anything over 2.8 would be better off when the memory is being cooled, I think you shouldn't go over that figure w/o additional cooling

Ive got a heat spreader on but would active cooling help the mem?

As I said I'm not too good at mem stuff, maybe you should just ask in the memory section and PM a mod to remove this thread?

well i have a guide someone wrote.
says 2.65 is default and 2.8 is the max.
this may be universal but it was for a asus mobo

I think I've heard of people running their Corsair @ 3V somewhere, Crucial can go a little below 3v I think, and Mushkin DDR dosn't like high volts at all according to their site.

I agree with all above.
1. It depends on the memory used.
2. It's like overvolting a cpu it probably isn't going to burn out immediatly rather just shorten the lifespan.

i was running my xms 512/2700 corsair at 2.65 volts to keep it stable, now i run it at 2.75, that's the only way it will run properly without crashes.
i have no worries, or problem with it.

Placid said:
I agree with all above.
1. It depends on the memory used.
2. It's like overvolting a cpu it probably isn't going to burn out immediatly rather just shorten the lifespan.

good job, also, ddr is normally 2.5v however some of the new dimms rn at 2.6 and 2.65 because they need the extra juice for the high speeds and some are even o/c'd at stock when you buy them. For me raising vcore hleps but not a lot. Don't go past 2.8 if you want to play it safe. 3.0 is pushing it, also make sure you have heatspreaders even at 2.6 i know ppl debate over them, but my pc was unstable like crazy at 2.6v my default and i couldn't figure out why until i one day bought some cheap 5$ thermaltake memory heatspreader from fry's and put them on and the crashes went away totally. Now its rock solid, and even o/c'd a lot at 2.7v with low temps..

I run my 512Mb Corsair XMS3200 C2 at 3,54VMem.....I DO NOT SUGGEST that to anyone(althouth none can do it)......I used to work it at 3,3Vmem for about 2 months and now I'm working it at 3,54Vmem....The "safest" VMem is 2,8Volts......but if you want to push it you have to overvoltage it.....

Back