• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

333FSB? My limit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
D

Dragon_Engineer2

Ive been beating my brains out for the past two days now.No matter what I do I cant get a higher fsb then 166.Even if I take the voltage up to 2.8.At 175mhz windows gives me all kinds of errors and anything above that won't post.
I have CORSAIR XMS 3200 and my cpu is unlocked.My system specs are below.

Deathstar13, why do you think it is your mobo holding you back? I have the same mobo and with no mods to it I can get 145 with no prob. When I get my v mod done I should be able to hit 155.( it has a pci divider of 1/3 and my hdd is crap.)

well i was refering to a past mobo i owned.a7v333 now.
but i wasnt the only one with that trouble.unlocked 1600 at any multi never would budge over 147fsb.tells me 2 things.
either crappy ram.or crappy mobo.
the ram was crucial 2100.back in the day that was the samsung of ram.easily did 166 fsb.
dont get me wrong the mobo u have is nice. i liked mine i think im a little quik witted about knocking em tho.mine was stable but was just the fsb thing.ive had it burnt in my noggen that fsb=life in ocing.and its true.

i even had the chip watercooled.would do 1664 mhz but long as i stayed under 147 fsb. ive seen others do over that also so dont get dicouraged.but the amd 760 chipset isnt known as a high fsb chipset.

Back