• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memroy problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MDA

Memory problems!!

Am i right in thinking my memory has errors or is suffering from some fault? I have 1 stick of 256mb Samsung pc2700 and when i try and run an fsb above 138 i get lockups and non posts in windows xp(even with cpu voltage increase to 1.8v). I did manage to run it @ cas 2.0 for a few months, but scince flashing my A7v333r with the latast bios 1014, when I run the memory test at boot up it constantly cycles through the count and then restarts until i press the esc button. Sometimes it doesn't even get that far and im just left with the processor indentity and no memory count at all.

If i put it into cas 2.0, it now reads the memory value as being 33768mb when in actual fact its just a 256mb stick. I;ve just bought a XP2200+ and am longing to clock a high fsb.

It seems to run fine at 133 with 4/5 divider, but no chance of getting it anywhere near 166. Please advise.

I have flashed back to previous bios's but i get the same problem with all, It started happening when i had my 1.4 T-bird installed, so i dont think its the chip, could it be the motherboard?

MDA.

Last edited:
Only way to know for sure is to take the memory to a pc repair shop and have them test it or try the memory in another good pc or put a known good stick of memory in your board.

You might try putting the memory in a different slot and see if the same problems remain or not

You might try putting the memory in a different slot and see if the same problems remain or not

Thanks Placid, put the stick into the middle slot + things seem to work fine now! got it at 140fsb 2.0.2.2.5 (turbo) at the moment. Cos the cpu's still locked im stuck with 140x14 @1.65v until i unlock and get better cooling, these Tbreds dont half give out some heat for a modest overclock - might have to start thinking about h2o sooon!!:cool:

Always thought you had to have a single stick of memory in the dimm 1 slot, hence why i hadn't tried moving it before.

thanks again MDA.

Try to put somebodys memory in the slot where you had had problems. Its possible to damage the slot when u put in/out the DIMMs

Back