• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory supercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have the same stuff you do and it is OCd and le5t me take my case side off and se if its hot...and hey its about as hot as a pencil after bieng in my hand for the past 5 minuites doing calculus homework. you dont need cooling on ram dude...its a total waste of money IMHO. but if you really want it5 get an active memory coolnig kit from somne place that sells em, i think coolermaster sells em.

remember I am not cooling it 3 degrees with a fan. I am cooling it 40 degrees with a chiller system. This lower temp WILL theoretically help the OC. The lower you run an electrical application at the faster and easier the electrons will flow. That is why I want to do it now I just need the waterblocks to do it.

Make one using copper for thermal temp. transfer.

A couple of 1/2-1 inch copper strips attached to heatspreaders and touching the cpu waterblock should work.
Controlling the condensation is another matter :)

Last edited:
yeah I already know condensation sucks. I guess all I am left with is making my own. I have access to a CNC but no clue how to use it or where to get the copper stock. Anyone know where the best place to get copper stock is? I guess now is as good a time to learn as ever.

well the place that I linked has a very bad design, is overpriced, and has an aweful reputation.

Back