• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mushkin Level2 PC2700 DDR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Opie420

Registered
I picked up a single 512MB stick of Mushkin Level2 PC2700 DDR over the weekend to replace the two sticks of Level2 PC2100 that I recently fried (they're sending it back to mushkin, maybe I get free replacement...) If I reset my bios to defaults or even just set my memory settings to 'By SPD' the system will not post.

However if I put in a stick of crappy M-Tec PC2100 DDR, crank up the fsb and set all the memory timings to lowest values, then swap back in the Mushkin, it works fine. It is stable with the lowest timings (including 1T command) at 190mhz which is the highest I've tested it at so far... it can definitely go higher.

Is there anything I can do to get this thing to post at default settings? Anyone else had this problem? It makes it a real pain if I reset the bios.. in order to swap memory I have to remove my 9700 pro.

I have the option to swap the memory for a stick of Corsair XMS3500... should I?

Oh btw, My mobo is a rev 1.1 KX7-333R with the latest bios.

Back