• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual DDR questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WinFlex

So, I just read an article about dual DDR at overclockers.com. One piece of information I got out of it is that dual DDR memory is probably better off being run synchronously on a PIV board.

Can someone explain the technical details of dual DDR (or post a link)?

Also, will there be dual DDR for the Athlon (I would presume not, since the maximum possible memory bandwidth already exceeds the maximum attainable FSB on the KT400)...

Thanks, Felix

Originally posted by iceman2g
Isn't the ASUS A7N8X suppose to utilize dual DDR?
That's right. It's an nForce 2 board that nVidia will make and it will have official support for Dual Channel DDR. There are many posts listed here about nForce 2, and they might help you understand why so many people are looking forward to it.

Originally posted by WinFlex
I don't know... it's an Abit board, right?

Asus is another motherboard company. The Abit nForce 2 board is called the NV7II-8X. Other companies known to be making the nForce 2 are Chaintech, Epox, Leadtek, MSI, and Shuttle Computer along with Abit and Asus.

Back