• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Runs out of memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
Hi all I have a system that lately has been running out of memory.It has 512 megs and this message OUT OF MEMORY was on the screen this morrning and aside from folding nothing else was running that I am aware of.I RUN WIN XP PRO

This is weird because I am thinking I have a virus or a trojen but when I scan her it comes up clean.ANY one ever see a system simply run out of ram while it is doing NOTHING except folding ??

Yes I do I have never messed with it so windows is left to manage it.I also downloaded a RAM program that allows you to free up Physical ram and moniter its total usage.It takes time but it runs from 512 megs to 14 megs and I don't understand this.I also did a memory test MEM86 and the ram is fine.

I have an errant program sucking my ram resources down how can I find out what that program is ???????????????

Hit ctrl alt del and look at the list of processes running. Next to their names it will say how much memory they take up. Disable whatever is causing this

Thanks I did that maybe I can list them for ya and you can tell me what looks fishy ...

core65
IEXPLORER
SAPISVR.EXE
TASKMANAGER
IAMAPP.EXE
XWMSAPI.EXE
DPPS2.EXE
ACGCC32.EXE
SYMPROXYYSVC {cAN NOT BE TURNED OFF IT AUTO RESTARTS AFTER I HIT END PROCESS}
SVCHOST.EXE THIS HAS 5 INSTANCES OF IT RUNNING
explorer.exe
nisum.exe