• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question bout PC-2100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DDR-PIII

Disabled
Ok in a P-4 2.8ghz system with a intel 845E+ICH3M chipset would DDR PC-2100 be holding back the speed ? is there fast memory for a laptop maybe pc-3200 ?

I've got a P4 2.8 and it's one REALLY REALLY fast chip, you couldn't feed it enough memory bandwidth if you wanted to. Well, I guess you could....

YES, pc2100 ram would definately cause a huge bottleneck, especially since the the bus is quad-pumped to an effective 533mhz before o/cing.

Now it depends on what you want to spend, but the most bandwith would be from PC1066 RDRAM, or some really overclocked DDR.

And as for notebook memory.........I don't know too much about that but NewEgg has some 266mhz DDR SODIMM memory which is pc2100, there could be faster stuff out there........

yeah its gonna be for a laptop and i guess the price of the mem dosent matter since it will be a performance gain

Back