• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question- 2100 or 2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cheesy Peas

should i but the samsung stuff that is 2100 or buy the twinmos 2700 stuff, the twinmos uses hynix chips. I want to run at 166 fsb with my board (KX7 333) and i was wondering if i could buy the 2100 and run 166 anyway, and save myself some money or should i get the proper stuff?

I don't really know about how good those brands are, but if you were to get some brand like crucial or corsair, then they would definitely be able to run at 166FSB, but I don't know how stable the samsung is. I see Crucial in your sig, you want to replace that or are you just building another computer?

Just looking around now, I think samsung might be a pretty reliable brand for memory, so you might be safe off going with samsung to try to get it from 133 to 166. But, wait for more opinions, as I don't know enough about samsung to tell you something definite.

I ended up picking a 512mb stick of Samsung PC2700. I chose this b/c of a lot of reviews on how good Samsung OC's. Look at the "which RAM is the best" thread, and you'll see that a lot of people chose Samsung and have a lot of good things to say.

Corsair and Crucial is also good, but I ended up choosing Samsung b/c of the price.

In my opinion, Corsair and Crucial (especially Crucial) are better stability for OCing, but that's just what I think and my experience...

Back