• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

wow big diff for me between 2-3-3-1 and 2-3-2-1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

before it was like 2600/2400 w/ 2-3-3-1t and was like 85% effieciency. well i finally decided to void the warrenty of my corsair xms cl2.5 3200 ram and run it w/ 2.97v (warrenty covers up to 2.8v).... while i couldnt get it stable 2-2-2-1t it would do 2-3-2-1t..... now look at it :)

sandra%20183.gif

edit: this is at 183fsb btw

y HDD wont go much hiogher so i dont bother anunlocking as i have never maxed out my proc from FSB... i just run my mem at the most aggresive settings!:D :eh?: :D

i wouldn't worry about high volts on ram, corsair have no way of telling what voltage your ram was at i think, plz dont hesitate to correct me

crash overide you know about the 1/5 divisor right? just makin sure you are not using the 1/4 divisor at greater than 166mhz

Is that the CAS to RAS delay setting?

Generally I would look for a 3 to 4% improvement in performance. (I test using the Prime95 benchmark and take the average of 5 to 10 tests. The actual measurement was a 3.5% improvement when decreasing the delay from 3 to 2.) I tend to see a variation of about 20 in my Sandra results when they're in the 2600 to 2700 range. Have you looked at the variation you get in the measurement from one time to the next? :cool:

i changed the setting that said precharge to active from 3t to 2t and that is how i got the performance...

totall here are my settings
4bank
Enhance memory performance
2t
1t

What is this 1T Command? I think I've heard about it. Memory settings and specs are things that I wish I knew more about. Does anybody have a link to describe in detail and explain all of this? I think there was one good one, but I can't remember or where to find it.

You tried the sticky in this memory forum? It is a good start. There are a few others if that doesn't turn the trick for ya. :cool:

Back