• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC3200 wont do CAS 2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Geobronc

I have a 512 strip of Samsung PC3200.

Everytime I try to run it at Cas 2, it corrupts my registry and I have had to reformat my harddrive twice now to get it back.

I am running at Cas 2.5 and 3,3,3,6 and 4:5 on the CPU/ Memory divider. My DDR shows running at 350mhz, but my benchies are lower then the PC3200 shown in Sisoft Sandra.

See my PC setup in my Signature.

Any suggestions?

I don't think the Samsung 3200 are rated to run in cas2 timing at stock voltage, but did you try pump up the Vdimm abit and see? If its not rated at cas2 with aggressive timing, you will need more voltage to get it there(IF the samsung can do it, which I doubt).

Hrm yeah voltage is probably all you can try. IMHO its better to just buy cas2 memory. Perhaps if you were running the memory slower you could get those timings though?

how do you change memory timing. i have geil memory rated at cas 2 and my bank setting are at 2.5.. can someone help

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

You have to go into your BIOS to set the memory timing, usually under Advanced Chipset Setting. Refer to your mobo's manual for more instructions.

Back