• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wich PC-3200 shall i buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Keruberne

Guys help me

What PC-3200 DDR module shall i buy
Samsung?
Corsair?
V-data/Winbond?

wich one is the best? and fastest? and most OC friendly?

Corsair XMS series is probably the best. Current ddr prices are pretty high though. One stick of cas2 Corsair XMS PC3200 256 mb costs $118 compared to $98 about a week or 2 ago.

Oh btw I was reading on anandtech that all ddr prices seem to be going up although some speeds seem to have gone up more than others :(

Then if i have to choose between Samsung PC-2700 CTL and Samsung PC-3200 DTM wich would be best with OC?

Just a note, 1 stick of 256Mb can run more aggressive timing than 1 stick of 512Mb, under the same voltage.

I saw a review the other day for GEIL PC3500 that really blew the doors off of anything the reviewer ever saw, but I forgot where it was at......

BTW, corsair has some pc3500 memory out too. I saw lots of benchmarks, even one guy running ram at CAS1.5 and there was little to no improvement, so forget timings, go with pure speed.

Avoid geil. Corsair pc3200, 3500, or 2700 should be good. So should samsung. Corsair uses winbond chips, so winbond should do fine, too.
Keep your eyes open. A lot of memory sellers are shady. Go to www.resellerratings.com before buying from someone.

Corsair XMS PC3200 Cas 2. Corsair XMS have always performed well beyond what they are rated.

For example i use Corsair XMS PC2400 (yeah i know i need to upgrade my RAM, I will when i have $$$) rated at 150 mhz x 2 =300 mhz. I been using them for the last two month at 166 mhz x 2 = 333 mhz without a single glitch, abeit i had to use less aggressive timing. But well worth money.

Giel looked good to me at first, then I researched and found that they are nothing but highly overclocked RAM that usually take at LEAST 3v to get to the specs advertised.

I bought Corsair XMS 3500 Cas2 512MB :D that should last me a while.

from what it seems geil gives reviewers sticks that OC really well and everyone else ****ty OC'ed PC2700 or something similar.

:eek: I had XMS PC3000c2 to 218/436 @ 2.9 vdimm @ 2-3-3-6-2T w/ no problems. I almost like it better than my XMS PC3500c2:cool:

Back